Fall Services Information
Remember we are still very much here to support students’ academic success through our on-demand and bookable virtual services (e.g., via chat or zoom), online webinars, and online tutorials, especially SPARK. See full information on our range of online services below.
Libraries – Research Help
For links to all our services check out our Ask A Question web site or see our virtual hours web site for when available.
- On-demand interactive chat (including text chat and Zoom integration)
- A virtual chat and texting service staffed by librarians from most Ontario Universities including York University
- Bookable virtual consultations with subject and data librarians
- E-mail assistance
- FAQ Service – browsable and searchable with Submit A Question feature
Libraries web site | Library Services During Covid-19
The Writing Centre is offering the following services and resources to students during Fall 2020:
- Bookable interactive chat consultations: 50 minute one-to-one appointments through online video chat. Make sure to enrol first by registering (first-time users) or logging in, and make sure to check out this handy FAQ with tips on this one-to-one writing support.
- Drop-in: 20 minute drop-in appointments will be offered.
- Online Workshops: The WC will offer online, synchronous workshops on topics such as idea generation, generating a good thesis, and organizing your paper
- Multilingual Studio: Provides a supportive learning environment for multilingual students to explore the formal and technical components of academic discourse and the ways their own linguistic knowledge contributes to this process. Contact James Robertson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- LA&PS Digital Dissertation Writing Group Cafes: This very popular eleven-week Café is designed to help PhD students in LA&PS make writing progress, connect to a larger writing community and stay focused/return focus on their dissertations.
- eClass Q&A and Online Resources: Consult this page for Writing Centre workshop resources, as well as online guides and tips to help you with writing and researching for academic assignments
At the Writing Centre (S311 Ross)
ESL Open Learning Centre (OLC)
The ESL OLC is offering the following online services and resources to students during Fall 2020:
- Bookable online video chat consultations: 50 minute one-to-one appointments, personalized for english language support, and available through online video chat. Make sure to enrol first by registering (first-time users) or logging in. When booking make sure to select the option of “language facilitation” to get a booking with an ESL OLC tutor
- Drop-in: 20 minute drop-in appointments will be offered for english language support
- Group appointments: Can be made for groups of up to six students and one ESL OLC language facilitator on common interest areas. Examples of themes covered include pronunciation, discussion skills, writing, listening and/or reading. No editing. Enrol first to use this service
- Themed Small Group Services: Sessions on themes such as assignment help, presentation practice and grammar help.
ESL Open Learning Centre Homepage
Learning Skills Services
All Learning Skills Services are being offered remotely as follows. See below for service and resource details:
The Career Centre is offering students many options to connect online with their specialists and peer tutors, as well as a range of online resources as follows:
Career Centre Homepage